SECIM is dedicated to educating the future leaders in the field of metabolomics. We offer a range of workshops and online resources focused on training users in the technology and analysis offered by SECIM. We will soon be regularly offering one hour “brown bag” lunch topics about SECIM and metabolomics research. In the future, these will be videotaped for off-campus users and students. Please add your name to our distribution list to be notified about upcoming opportunities.
2015 SECIM Workshop: May 11-14, 2015
The 2nd Annual SECIM Metabolomics Workshop will be held Monday, May 11 through Thursday, May 14, 2015, in Gainesville, Florida.
This year’s workshop focuses on metabolomics data processing, data analysis, and metabolite identification, including hands-on training sessions. Attendees are required to bring their own laptops in order to conduct hands-on data analysis. A quick overview of metabolomics, and an introduction to the analytical instrumentation will also be covered.
Due to limited space, registration for the 2015 SECIM Workshop is capped at a maximum of 40 attendees.
Register Here: 2015 SECIM Workshop Registration Form
Early Registration Fees (Through Sunday, April 19, 2015)
- Students/Postdocs: $150
- Non-Students: $300
Standard Registration Fees (April 20-May 4, 2015)
- Students/Postdocs: $200
- Non-Students: $350
All attendees are welcome to submit an abstract for the poster session on Monday, May 11. Abstracts must be submitted to Tim Janicki, firstname.lastname@example.org, by no later than Friday, May 1, to be considered. Please follow the abstract submission instructions available below:
- Dr. Elaine Holmes, Imperial College London
- Dr. Jean-Luc Wolfender, University of Geneva
- Dr. Shankar Subramaniam, University of California, San Diego
- Dr. Teresa Fan, University of Kentucky
- Dr. George Michailidis, University of Florida
- Dr. Chris Beecher, IROA Technologies
- Dr. Peihua Qiu, University of Florida
- SECIM Core PIs
This is the preliminary schedule for this year’s SECIM Workshop. The agenda will continue to be updated.
Day 1, Monday, May 11
- SECIM Intro
- Metabolomics Overview: Dr. Jean-Luc Wolfender
- Plenary Lecture: Dr. Elaine Holmes
- Welcome Reception & Poster Session
Day 2, Tuesday, May 12
- Mass Spectrometry Overview
- NMR Overview
- Data Quality Intro
- Plenary Lecture: Dr. Teresa Fan
Day 3, Wednesday, May 13
- Metabolite Identification
- Database Matching
- Plenary Lecture: Dr. George Michailidis
Day 4, Thursday, May 14
- Data Analysis
- Data Mining in Galaxy
- Statistical Methods
- Plenary Lecture: Dr. Shankar Subramaniam
We encourage you to distribute the 2015 SECIM Workshop Flyer to interested parties.
Any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Please continue to regularly check this page for updates on upcoming workshops, symposiums, and educational opportunities in the field of metabolomics. For information on metabolomics training events around the world, visit the NIH Metabolomics Common Fund’s Workbench site.