SECIM is committed to offering pilot and feasibility funding for projects that support the advancement of metabolomics. Please add your name to our distribution list to be notified about upcoming opportunities.
Request for Applications: Pilot and Feasibility Projects
Applications for the 2014 SECIM Pilot & Feasibility Program are open to investigators as of January 15, 2014:
SECIM is now seeking proposals for 12-month pilot projects in metabolomics. The goal of this initiative is to enhance metabolomics research by providing support for investigators new to the field, the development of new teams and partnerships, and high-risk/high-impact research. Applicants must demonstrate that proposed pilot projects will provide critical preliminary data to support new extramural grant applications. Investigators new to the field of metabolomics are especially encouraged to apply.
Investigators are required to complete all elements contained in the “Application Instructions & Cover Sheet” and “Application Forms” files listed below. Forms (in the zip folders) must be submitted in the NIH-approved PDF format provided.
- Request for Applications
- Application Instructions w/ P&F Cover Sheet
- Application Forms: Word Format; PDF Format
SECIM provides state-of-the-art metabolomics services to users in all areas of biomedical and biological sciences. Four cores provide services and develop emerging technologies for the SECIM pipeline, giving users the flexibility to choose the best approach for a particular problem. Please contact email@example.com before budgeting for SECIM services:
- Mass Spectrometry Services Core: high-throughput global and targeted metabolomics
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Core: global metabolomics and biomarker identification
- Advanced Mass Spectrometry Core: biomarker identification, imaging mass spectrometry and isotopic ratio outlier analysis
- Bioinformatics Core: quality controlled data from the three analytical cores will be available to users with several statistical analysis options in an interactive web interface
The deadline for submission is March 15, 2014
Please contact SECIM for any questions not addressed in the RFA or Pilot Project Award Application:
For additional pilot funding information provided by SECIM’s five national NIH metabolomics consortium partners, please visit their websites: