Core 4: Bioinformatics
Core PI: Lauren McIntyre
Core 4 Services
Bioinformatics provide the infrastructure and automation that enables SECIM to process thousands of samples from independent investigators.
SECIM Core 4 facilitates biostatistical analyses through the online portal, Galaxy, which takes the most common metabolomics analytical methods and generates standard reports through a single web interface. For further details on how to use the Galaxy interface, please reference SECIM’s Galaxy User Guide
The operations of Core 4: Bioinformatics are depicted above. The process is as follows:
- Investigator samples are stored in the CTSI biorepository.
- De-identified samples are provided to the SECIM laboratory cores.
- Data from the cores undergoes rigorous QC/QA.
- Biostatistical analysis is facilitated by the creation of a portal which takes the most common analytical methods and generates standard reports with a single web interface.
- Data are reformatted automatically based upon the invocation of a particular analysis tool. New methods are added based upon project need.
Core 4 Facilities