On October 18, 2013, The National Institutes of Health (NIH) announced their plans to fund a R01 Research Project Grant related to nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics approaches for nutrition research.
The Funding Opportunity Announcement details the NIH initiative to promote application of nutrigenetics and/or nutrigenomics approaches to nutrition research through collaborative interaction among nutrition researchers and experts in -omics technologies, including metabolomics. For the purposes of this funding opportunity, both hypothesis-driven and hypothesis-generating nutrigenomic studies targeted to specific nutrient metabolic pathways are appropriate.
- Higher Education Institutions
- Nonprofits Other Than Institutions of Higher Education
- For-Profit Organizations
How to Apply:
Visit Section IV of the NIH’s Funding Opportunity Announcement, titled “Application and Submission Information,” for application instructions.
- Open Date (Earliest Submission Date): February 20, 2014
- Letter of Intent Due Date: 30 days before the application due date
- Application Due Dates: March 20, 2014; March 19, 2015; March 22, 2016 by 5:00 p.m. local time of applicant organization.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply early to allow adequate time to make any corrections to errors found in the application during the submission process by the due date.
- Scientific Merit Review: June/July 2014; June/July 2015; June/July 2016
- Advisory Council Review: October 2014; October 2015; October 2016
- Earliest Start Date: December 1, 2014; December 1, 2015; December 1, 2016
- Expiration Date: March 23, 2016