Topic BIG DATA Processing
Date Thursday, November 7, 2013
Schedule View Agenda
Location The location for Fall 2013 RC Day is the Clinical and Translational Research Building (CTRB). RC Day will be in Conference Rooms 3161 & 3162. Signage in the lobby of the CTRB will be in place to assist you the day of the event.
Registration is required and seating is limited.
Email your attendance request to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 25.
Fall 2013 ‘RC Day’ will be devoted to BIG DATA processing. The presentations and panel discussion will be both informational and an input gathering opportunity for UFIT Research Computing to further refine a comprehensive set of services to address emerging needs of researchers.
UFIT Research Computing staff are receiving numerous requests for BIG DATA Processing (BDP):
- Storage infrastructure for sharing research data with “Dropbox-like” functionality
- Web servers with web applications that share research data and offer compute services
- BIG DATA analytics with Hadoop-style file systems
- Virtual machine provisioning for special software needs and virtual apps
- Virtual machines and virtual networks for research experimentation by computer and network science and engineering students
UFIT Research Computing has a well-defined set of services supporting the university’s research faculty:
- Compute cores and scratch storage for HPC and HTC
- Long term replicated storage
- High performance network transfers
Email email@example.com for assistance with high-performance computing at the University of Florida.